Project Charter Template 01
Project Charter Template 02
Project Charter Template 03
Project Charter Template 04
Sample Project Charter 01
Sample Project Charter 02
Sample Project Charter 03
Sample Project Charter 04
- A Project Charter defines the goals that the project aspires to achieve. It is the primary foundation of the project.
- It designs a scientific approach towards these aspirations in keeping with the company’s business objectives.
- It is a document drawn up after a Business Case is accepted and approved by the company but before a formal Project Scope is defined.
- The charter defines the parameters of the project regarding objectives, targets, deliverables, risks, resources, dependencies and markers of success.
Example of Project Charter 01
Example of Project Charter 02
Example of Project Charter 03
Example of Project Charter 04
- To formally accredit a new project by legitimizing it as an ROI (Return On Investment).
- To present as a sales document to justify dominion over project resources in case of other demands upon the company allotted resources.
- To serve as the focus of the project that may be utilized as an example or control at other meetings when coming up with the detailed scope of the project.
- It is used by both the IPD (Initiative for Policy Dialogue) and the CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
- It is an essential component of Project Management
- It is an effective tool to institute authority in a Matrix Management environment
- Project Charters can be put into operation in various stages of a business venture.
- Depending on the scale of operations, there can be separate charters for planning and execution.
Project Charter Example 01
Project Charter Example 02
Project Charter Example 03
- The Project Charter must include the names and details of the Project Manager, Project Sponsor, stakeholders and the Project Team.
- It should clearly delineate the hierarchical structure of the Project Team and include inputs from major stakeholder groups and project sponsors.
- As work progresses, this ensures that all interested parties and sponsors are updated on the progress of the venture in a timely matter and notified in case of any crisis.
- With these professional templates, you can make detailed notes to ensure that nothing important is missed out.
- The Project Charter must explicitly choose and stick to a particular Project Management methodology. The approach to your project depends heavily upon your choice of method.
- It must include adequate information for the project team, management, and associated stakeholders to ensure a transparent, hassle-free process. The management should designate roles, distribute assignments, set milestones to track progress, and agree upon deliverables and their corresponding deadlines.
- Project Charter Template is an excellent planning tool that will help you to schedule all relevant briefings and ensure that none of your team members ever miss a deadline.
- The Scope of a Project Charter defines its available resources. It includes both skilled manpower as well as organizational funds.
- It is important to conduct a risk assessment before embarking on a new business venture to calculate the potential financial liability being undertaken by the company. The scope must include details of this assessment.
- It must include a detailed budget that provides a scientific allotment of organizational funds and manpower according to the requirements of the project. There must be a clear idea of the expected benefits and risks.
- With the help of ready-made templates, you can incorporate multiple fields into a single document for easy reference. It will help you tabulate financial data accurately and minimize the chance of error.
- To ensure the success of a project, it is important to implement appropriate project management processes that create channels of communication and accountability that help individuals work towards a common goal.
- A Project Charter should establish a schedule to coordinate assignments, allot funds, line up meetings between team members and stakeholders and track progress.
- It must anticipate potential constraints and optimize all available resources. The charter must project possible strategies to overcome obstacles and operate within the available resource parameters in keeping with industry standards and regulations.
- There must be clear communication between the Project Manager, the Project Team, stakeholders and sponsors to ensure complete clarity.
- The Project Charter must incorporate expectations of communication within the charter that should include details of the preferred frequency and medium of communication.
- While this may not include small meetings, it could include occasional meetings between sponsors, stakeholders, and management to take stock of the project development as well as periodic progress reports for the same.
Project Charter Document 01
Project Charter Document 02
Project Charter Document 03
- Incorporate details about your vision of the project.
- Elucidate upon reasons for undertaking the project and come up with some basic targets the project intends to achieve.
- Construct realistic vision statements to use in the course of your project.
- Define key targets and objectives.
- Ensure that your targets are realistic and achievable.
- Time bound targets elicit the best results.
- Decide upon measurable indicators of progress and success.
- Set milestones and define deliverables.
- Customer satisfaction is crucial to any project.
- Keep in mind your target audience and customer profile.
- Provide a requisition for customer care representatives.
- Take inputs from stakeholders and accommodate their business interests.
- Organize a hierarchical team structure based on project roles like sales, development, customer care and supervisor.
- Delegate assignments, assign targets and supervisory roles.
- Specify performance criteria and requirements for special skills.
- Structure teams with levels of responsibility and seniority for each department.
- This is the most important aspect of your Project Charter.
- This includes all aspects of the project from brainstorming, planning, budgeting, risk assessments, execution, supervision, production, and sale.
- Versatile Project Charter Template PowerPoint is perfect when you need to incorporate so many details into a charter.
- Plot a detailed approach to each of these aspects that lead a project from inception to execution.
- Divide the plan into phases and target each phase separately in an organized manner.
- Plot a clear sequence of the targets and elucidate on the activities and processes that each phase entails.
- Create a quantifiable estimate of the human resources required. Include skill requirements and the duration of the contract.
- Create strategies to conduct quality control on both products and processes to ensure the optimization of resources.
- Have a clear financial plan. Clearly allocate funds and work within the available company budget.
- Risk- Conduct a thorough risk assessment.
- Uncertainty- Factor in market fluctuations and uncertainty.
- Constraints- Provide for unprecedented absences, potential pitfalls, and other unforeseen circumstances.
Project Charter Sample 01
Project Charter Sample 02
Project Charter Sample 03
Project Charter Sample 04
- Check variety of free charter templates available over internet
- We have templates in a range of formats - MS Word, MS Excel, PDF, and PowerPoint.
- Find the template format which suits you and download it at a nominal cost.